Pregnancy can be an exciting time for couples. For couples who are pregnant for the first time, the beginning weeks of pregnancy may be confusing. A great way to receive support and education through pregnancy is by hiring a midwife.
Midwives are health care professionals who support pregnant individuals with educational resources and help throughout pregnancy and the postpartum period.
What Role Do Midwives Play?
Midwives coordinate pregnant individuals’ care and provide specialized health care based on an individual’s health needs.
Though midwives help during labor and delivery, they also assist in various other activities during and outside of pregnancy. Midwives can provide services such as:
- Gynecological examinations: Nurse-midwives have gone through professional training and education, so they can give annual gynecological exams.
- Family planning: Are you thinking about having more kids? Midwives can help you and your partner discuss when the ideal time to get pregnant again would be.
- Prenatal care: Midwives can perform weekly checkups to ensure the baby is growing steadily and you both are staying healthy.
- Educational resources: If you have any questions about breastfeeding, taking care of your child or inducing labor, midwives can direct you to helpful resources.
Benefits of Midwives
Midwifery care services benefit pregnant individuals and their families. Some advantages of midwifery care include:
- Reduced risk of pregnancy complications
- Reduced risk of infant complications
- Increased chance of having a natural birth
- Lower costs for clients and insurers
- Increased chances of easy breastfeeding
- High-quality care
- Personal counseling and education
- Labor and delivery help
- Postpartum care
Experiencing pregnancy with midwifery care can benefit you and your family. Midwives are expert caregivers who know what to do at every stage of pregnancy. You can count on them to help you through your trimesters and after your birth.
Midwives can also assist in labor and delivery, so you have more options on where you would like to give birth, including in the hospital or at home.
Find Your Midwife With Midwifery at Rose
At Midwifery at Rose, we know experiencing the best midwifery care is an integral part of any pregnancy. That’s why we provide you with the best midwives in Denver.
Our certified nurse-midwives can give you the support you need — from the prenatal period to the postpartum stage. We partner with you for your overall well-being, so you receive lifetime support and care even when you aren’t pregnant. Contact Midwifery at Rose today
to get started.